First, check if you really need to update:
- Open the RenWeb application and log in.
- On the main screen, click on Version.
- Scan down the column titled, "Upgrade Available."
- If it has No for everything, you do not need to update.
Download and Install the RenWeb software:
- Follow these same instructions whether you're installing for the first time or updating from a prior version.
- Log into your Windows computer as Administrator.
- RenWeb cannot be installed on a Macintosh computer.
- Open Internet Explorer or any other web browser.
- Go to the following web page and follow the instructions for Full RenWeb Install. (Note the special instructions for Vista users.) http://renweb.com/clientdownload.cfm
- On the last step of the installation, click Finish.
- Exit the "Read Me" Notepad file, if it's still open.
- Exit Internet Explorer (or whatever web browser you used).
- YOU'RE NOT FINISHED YET! Continue the steps below.
Load your student list:
- This step will prevent future problems. It simply involves opening RenWeb while still logged in as Administrator, and pulling up the student list once.
- You should still be logged into your Windows computer as Administrator.
- Look for the shortcut on your desktop called RenWeb.com. Double-click it.
- Enter District Code: STIGN-TX
- Select School: St. Ignatius, Martyr, Catholic School
- Select your name and log in to RenWeb.
- Click the Student Data Button. A list of student names will appear.
- Click Cancel to leave the Student Data screen.
- Click on Exit RenWeb.Com.
- YOU'RE STILL NOT FINISHED! Continue the steps below.
Now, check if the install was successful:
- Log OUT of your computer as Administrator, and log back in as a regular user.
- Open RenWeb by double-clicking the shortcut on your desktop.
- Log in as you did before.
- On the main RenWeb screen, click the Student Data button.
- On the next screen, if you see a list of student names on the left, the install was SUCCESSFUL.
- Whether or not it was successful, click Cancel.
- Exit RenWeb.Com.
- If the install was NOT successful, contact Mr. Blahnik for help.